Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"A Haiku About Haiku" and "Four Seasons"

Here's "A Haiku About Haiku":

Haiku are a form
Of Japanese poetry
As this one explains

I also wrote four haiku to represent the "Four Seasons":

Summer's heat shadowed
Wind swirling and rain falling
The thunderstorm comes

Leaves shiver and fall
Skeletal trees feel the chill
Animals hiding

Seeds sleep in the ground
On a dark and snowy night
Waiting for the sun

Birds chirp with gladness
Spring is painted emerald
Living things revived

(c) 2011 Jonathan Garner

5 comments:

  1. Great poem...wonderful descriptions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *grins* I like the first one.

    And I think the seasons haikus need drawings to go with them... *pulls out pencils* You've given me my next project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    I have? Cool! I'm eager to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here they be. =) It isn't quite what I visualized, but it didn't turn out too bad. Except for those unidentical trees...

    Anyway, thanks for the inspiration! =D
    http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab151/BushMaid/My%20Stuff/HaikuSeasons.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great! Thank you for drawing them.

    ReplyDelete