Saturday, September 15, 2012

An Angelic Dedication



Few people are fortunate enough to have a book dedicated to them. Earlier this week, I learned that I was one of those fortunate few. Author Aubrey Hansen chose two people to dedicate her new novel, Peter’s Angel, to. I was one of the two. Here is my half of the dedication:

To Jonathan
for listening
to every fear
every pain
every hope
and always reminding me
that God
has a plan
for everything
To you is the character of Nathan warmly dedicated.

Aubrey’s kind and beautiful dedication means a lot to me, and I look forward to owning the special book that contains it. I read and enjoyed two earlier drafts of the novel, but haven’t yet had the chance to read the final draft, which has had some big changes since I last read it.

Soon my copy of the book will arrive, and now you can own Peter’s Angel, too. Aubrey has been working on this novel for years, calling it her masterpiece, and it is finally finished and was released today.

Here is what Peter’s Angel is about:

In the wake of a lost War for Independence, Peter Jameson, a young colonel, struggles to protect his tiny patriot state of Rhode Island from the oppression of New Britain, the wealthy British duchy. When New Britain invades and attempts to seize Rhode Island’s newly-discovered mine, Peter finds himself leading his small cavalry against the massive British army. But war becomes the least of his worries when his own men kidnap him and hold him for ransom. Facing certain death, Peter is freed by a mysterious boy who vanishes without leaving his name. Indebted, Peter determines to find his "angel" and reward him. But his rescuer has a secret of his own—he is the exiled rightful heir of New Britain, and he will do anything to keep from being found.

I hope you will join me in reading Peter’s Angel. It is available in paperback and as an e-book.


(c) 2012 Jonathan Garner

12 comments:

  1. awwwwww! ^_^

    *is very very happy--for Aubrey, for publishing her masterpiece; for Jonathan, for being the recipient of such a lovely and special dedication; for all of HW as they celebrate such an exciting occasion; and for herself, for being able to join in the merriment, await her book in the mail, and have such awesome & special friends as Aubrey & Jonathan*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicole! I'm grateful to have wonderful friends like you and Aubrey.

      Delete
    2. *blushes over the re-read of her comment* Didn't mean to make it sound like I was happier for myself than any of y'all. I should have written that better. I'm enormously happy for Aubrey on the release of her book, and so happy for you being a recipient of the dedication. ...As I wrote my former comment I was reminded of how many ways I am very blessed through this event, too.

      Delete
    3. I understood, Nicole, and I'm sure Aubrey will, too. :)

      Delete
  2. I was so delighted when I saw the dedication, Jonathan. :) I am so happy for you, my friend.

    Congrats, Aubrey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kaitlyn! It was a very nice surprise. :)

      Delete
  3. *warm smile* It's perfect. :D So happy for you, Jonathan. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think so, too. :) Thank you, BushMaid!

      Delete
  4. *warm smile* You deserved it. You've been earning it since we exchanged our first email (just shy of two years now!)--earning it with every message, blog comment, forum post, and chat you sent me. This is the best way I, as an author, can attempt to thank you for a friendship. :D God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was blessed by the dedication, and am even more blessed by your friendship. :) Thank you for everything, Aubrey!

      Delete
  5. That's beautiful, Jon! How special! :)

    ReplyDelete