Friday, November 30, 2012

I Finished National Novel Writing Month!


As I mentioned at the beginning of the month, I decided to try to write the first 50,000 words of a novel for the National Novel Writing Month challenge. After a long month of writing, I’m happy to say that I met my goal of 50,000 words. This surpasses my previous record for writing in one month, 45,000 words.


The novel I’m working on is tentatively titled The Silencer, and here is its logline: After witnessing a murder, a teenage city slicker and the girl he likes must rely on her dad's outdoor skills to survive when the relentless killer pursues them into the wilderness.

Since I’m aiming for The Silencer to be 80,000 words long, I still have around 30,000 words to go. I’ll let you know when I finish the first draft.

Did any of you write a NaNo novel, or try to?


(c) 2012 Jonathan Garner

14 comments:

  1. *Throws large ammounts of glitter* Good job, Jonathan! Congratulations! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratualtions, Jonathan!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *litters Jonathan's blog with cupcakes* ^_^ ;)

    I am SO VERY EXTREMELY happy for you, Jonathan! You know I mean it, and not just because I used all caps. ;) This is fantastic. You did super-amazingly this month, and I can't wait to see how the book itself shapes up. :D Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know you mean it. :) Thank you, Aubrey!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, Jonathan! I'm so glad you did this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you stuck to it and won, Jonathan! :D Very well done, congratulations! :D

    As you know, I tried and failed myself, but I did at least get it started; something I've been procrastinating on for a while under the guise of "planning". Sadly this month was way too full for me to do any real writing, but I do hope to finish it someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, BushMaid!

      I hope you finish it someday. :)

      Delete
  6. Congradulations, Jonathan on winning NaNo! :D


    This was my fourth straight year of NaNo, and I'm beginning to wonder if...*gulp* I'm not pushing myself hard enough. I'm considering up-ing my word count goal for next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kay!

      That's impressive that you've done it four times. A bigger goal might be good to help you continue to grow as a writer. :)

      Delete
  7. I....thinking..of..maybe..doing this next year. :)

    ReplyDelete