Monday, November 5, 2012

My First NaNo Novel


If you don’t know what a NaNo novel is, it’s a novel written in November, as part of National Novel Writing Month. I decided to join in this year. The goal is to write a 50,000 word novel, or 50,000 words of a novel. I’m aiming for the latter.

Here’s the basic information for the novel I’m working on:


Title: The Silencer

I’m not sure if I’ll keep this title or not. What do you think?


Logline: After witnessing a murder, a teenage city slicker and the girl he likes must rely on her dad's outdoor skills to survive when the relentless killer pursues them into the wilderness.


And just for fun, I made a simple cover:



Are you writing a NaNo novel?


(c) 2012 Jonathan Garner

13 comments:

  1. I'm not. ;) I'm extremely excited for everyone who is though. :D

    I'd be open to setting a miniscule word count goal, but I can't think which one would be appropriate with my schedule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, Mark!

      Perhaps 5,000 words in November, instead of 50,000?

      Delete
    2. That's probably too big as well. xD

      Delete
    3. I was thinking more along the lines of 500. ;) But I'm not sure that even that is feasible.

      Delete
    4. I figured that would be your response. ;)

      Delete
  2. I love the title! And I'm doing NaNo as you know. :) I'm so excited that you're doing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Grace! I'm glad you're doing it, too. :)

      Delete
  3. :) I like the title, Jonthan; it sounds mysterious. :cool:

    I'm not doing Nano, but good job to you for going for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, and for the encouragement, Ophelia!

      Delete
  4. I am doing it, but with all the various things I need to write instead of with a novel. It has worked quite well so far!

    I am looking forward to reading your novel once you are finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad doing it unconventionally is working well for you, Patrick. Thank you for commenting!

      Delete