Thursday, January 1, 2015

Highlights of 2014

While I still have a long way to go as a writer, I reached some small milestones in 2014, including getting my first article published, and bringing my total of published works to ten. Here are some other highlights from the past year.

Some publications my writings
appeared in this year.
- Nine of my articles and short stories were accepted for publication, and one short story won a contest.

- My published writings from this year that are the easiest to access online are “Shattered” (a suspense story) and “Ticks and Tricks” (an article).

 - I wrote 50,000+ words of a novel, Ghost Reign, for National Novel Writing Month, and I'm continuing to work on the first draft. I hope to finish it in the next two weeks.

 - I had the fun coincidence of being in the middle of reading a book by James Scott Bell at the same time a story of mine appeared in an issue of a magazine with a story of his.

- I also read a lot of good books this year, and here are some of my favorites:

Fiction

Z for Zachariah by Robert O’Brien
The Shadow Children series by Margaret Peterson Haddix
The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
Outcast of Redwall by Brian Jacques
Head Game by Tim Downs

Non-Fiction

Twelve Ordinary Men by John MacArthur
Discovering Badgers by Martin Banks
Spiders and Their Kin: A Golden Guide
The Elements of Style by Strunk & White
A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23 by Phillip Keller

In 2015, I plan to submit to many more magazines, and if all goes well, start looking into getting books published.

How did 2014 go for you? What are your plans for 2015?

4 comments:

  1. So proud of you and all you have accomplished! Praying 2015 will be even better! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly had a busy 2014! Congrats on your writing accomplishments. This year will be a year of change for me...possibly moving back to Texas mid-year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mr. Eddings! Texas is a nice place.

      Delete