Monday, November 30, 2015

Victory for the Rebellion: National Novel Writing Month 2015 Update

As I mentioned at the beginning of the month, I was a rebel for this year’s National Novel Writing Month. I wrote 50,000 words of short stories instead of 50,000 words on a novel.

It went well overall. Pressing onward when a short story isn’t going as planned is a lot easier than pressing onward when a novel isn’t going as planned.

On the other hand, once a short story is finished, the momentum ends. Starting a new tale can be difficult on busy or exhausting days.

In the end, I’m glad I did short stories instead of a novel. It was a fun experiment, and most of the stories seemed to turn out pretty well. I completed ten stories in all. Once they’ve been edited, I hope to submit them to magazines or other publications.

Did you do National Novel Writing Month? If so, how did it go for you?

2 comments:

  1. Yay, great job! Haha, like the post title, too. ;)
    I think this was my best year of NaNo yet, so I'm pretty happy about that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! I'm glad it went well for you. :)

      Delete