Thursday, December 17, 2015

Book Review: Nightmare City by Andrew Klavan

The Story: After a teenage boy wakes up one morning in a nightmarish, monster-filled world instead of the normal world he’s used to, he sets out to discover what’s going on.

My Thoughts: The creepy place that the hero awakens in is extraordinarily atmospheric, filled with descriptions that helped me imagine it as I read. Because the intriguing, mysterious circumstances provide such a memorable set-up, I began wondering if there was any way that the author could possibly give an ending that lived up to the rest of the book.

Thankfully, the resolution to the dark mystery fits well and provides a solid conclusion. It didn’t amaze me as much as the rest of the story, but it wasn’t a letdown, either. Every fan of Klavan’s classic series The Homelanders should definitely try this book, especially if you like horror. I enjoyed Nightmare City just as much as The Homelanders, and you might too.

Content Overview: Mild violence and scariness.

You might also like my review of The Homelanders by Andrew Klavan.

No comments:

Post a Comment