Thursday, December 31, 2015

New Year’s Eve 2015 Writing Reflections

As the end of 2015 nears, I’ve been thinking about how my writing went this year. Here are the things that stand out to me the most.

- One of my biggest accomplishments in 2015 was to start writing uncredited technical articles for businesses. I’ve sold more than seventy articles that way.

- I became a columnist for TRC magazine, which published my articles “5 Animal Symbols of Jesus” and “The Raven: Bird of Death or Messenger of Life?”

- I submitted more than thirty short stories and articles to magazines. So far, eleven have been accepted, including the two articles mentioned above. I’m still waiting to hear back from some of the magazines.

- I sold one story at a professional per-word pay rate.

- My children’s story “Mr. Turtle” was read by over 1,000 people on Short Kid Stories.

- I wrote 50,000 words of short stories as a National Novel Writing Month rebel, which I talked about here and here.

Now I'm planning for the coming year. In 2016, I want to continue writing many short stories and articles, while also devoting more time to completing novels.

What plans do you have for 2016? If you’re a writer, how did your writing go this year?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's great, Jonathan! You've made a lot of writing progress this year, and now I'm especially excited to see that you'll be working on completing novels in 2016!

    I think you already have a pretty good idea of how my writing went this year. ;) Overall I'm pleased that I wrote a little more consistently than in past years and essentially finished my NaNo draft for the first time. Hopefully 2016 will have a significant increase in writing progress.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad about the progress you've already made, and I hope it continues. :)

      Delete