As the end of 2015 nears, I’ve been thinking about how my writing went this year. Here are the things that stand out to me the most.
- I became a columnist for TRC magazine, which published my articles “5 Animal Symbols of Jesus” and “The Raven: Bird of Death or Messenger of Life?”
- I submitted more than thirty short stories and articles to magazines. So far, eleven have been accepted, including the two articles mentioned above. I’m still waiting to hear back from some of the magazines.
- I sold one story at a professional per-word pay rate.
- My children’s story “Mr. Turtle” was read by over 1,000 people on Short Kid Stories.
- I wrote 50,000 words of short stories as a National Novel Writing Month rebel, which I talked about here and here.
Now I'm planning for the coming year. In 2016, I want to continue writing many short stories and articles, while also devoting more time to completing novels.
What plans do you have for 2016? If you’re a writer, how did your writing go this year?